Forget everything you consider to be brunch goals because THIS is brunch goals! Today I’m showing you how to make a stunning raspberry Danish twist bread. We’re combining a simple rich dough with sweet raspberry jam and creamy vanilla icing.
This raspberry danish twist bread is texture paradise channeling the flakiness of breakfast danishes but with half the work. 这怎么可能? The secret’s in the way we twist the dough. And even though that hypnotizing twist looks complicated to replicate, 我发誓这再容易不过了.
Behind every great dough is a great yeast– the workhorse behind this whole recipe! Like usual, I use Red Star Platinum Superior Baking Yeast. Platinum is an instant yeast that builds a stronger, taller, more voluminous dough. If you don’t have Platinum, Red Star Active Dry or Quick Rise Yeast works too!
The dough rises twice: first after it’s made then again after the twist is shaped. After the 2nd rise, it’ll be big, beautiful, and ready to bake.
A generous drizzle of vanilla icing seeps into every delicious pocket. 趁热切片，做成蛋糕的样子, this twist will impress everyone who’s lucky enough to steal a taste!
- 1 (0.25oz) package (7g) or 2 1/4 茶匙s 铂酵母
- 3 汤匙 砂糖
- 3/4 杯(180克) 全脂牛奶
- 1/4 杯(60克) 无盐黄油 (软化至室温)
- 2 大 鸡蛋
- 3 1/2 杯(438克) 中筋面粉 (根据需要添加更多)
- 1 茶匙 盐
- 3/4 杯(240克) 覆盆子果酱
- 1/2 杯(80克) 新鲜或冷冻的覆盆子 (可选)
- 1 杯(120克) 细砂糖
- 3 汤匙(45毫升) 奶油 (或半加半或牛奶)
- 1/4 茶匙 纯香草精
- 做面团: Place the yeast and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook or paddle attachment. Or, if you do not own a stand mixer, a regular 大 mixing bowl. Heat the milk on the stove or in the microwave until warm to touch, about 110°F (43°C). 把热牛奶倒在酵母/糖上. 轻轻搅拌均匀, then loosely cover with a clean kitchen towel and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes. The mixture will be frothy after 5-10 minutes.
- If you do not have a mixer, you can mix by hand in this step. 加入黄油、鸡蛋、面粉和盐. 低速打4分钟. 面团会变软. Transfer it to a lightly floured work surface. Using lightly floured hands, knead it for 1 minute. 如果面团太粘而无法处理, 再加入1-3汤匙面粉, 但你需要非常柔软的面团. 成型成球.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl (I use nonstick spray to grease) and cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Place in a slightly warm environment to rise until doubled in size, around 90 minutes.
- 在一个9英寸的平底锅上涂油. Turn the risen dough out onto a lightly floured work surface, 按下去释放空气.
- 扭转形状: Using a rolling pin, roll into a 12×16-inch rectangle. 把果酱均匀地涂在上面. If desired, dot randomly with raspberries. Tightly roll up the dough to form a 16-inch long log. 把圆木放在它的接缝处. Using a sharp knife, cut the log in half lengthwise. 我发现锯齿刀最好. Criss-cross one half on top of the other half– forming an X. Twist the two together then coil into a circle. Carefully transfer to prepared springform pan. (I carefully pick it up using two flat spatulas!) Cover the twist with plastic wrap or aluminum foil, then allow to rise once again in a slightly warm environment until puffy, 大约45分钟.
- Adjust the oven rack to the lower third position then preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- 烤 until golden brown, about 40-45 minutes. If you find the top is browning too quickly, tent with aluminum foil. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- 制作香草糖霜: Whisk the icing ingredients together until smooth.
- Carefully remove the rim of the springform pan. 淋上香草糖霜. 切片，端上桌. Cover and store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- You can freeze the baked and cooled twist bread for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator and warm in the oven to your liking, 然后在上面撒上糖霜.
- The dough can be prepared through step 3, 在它上升之后, 按下去释放空气, 盖紧, then place in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. 继续步骤5.
莎莉麦肯尼 is a professional food photographer, cookbook author, and baker. 她写过, 拍摄, 并且发表了1个以上,000 from-scratch recipes and written three cookbooks. Her thorough step-by-step tutorials give millions of followers the knowledge and confidence to bake from scratch.